Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Next Step

I just returned from my latest trip to Los Angeles, where the 'local' Italian Consular office is located. This time it was for my actual Student Visa application, which had to be done in person. I was pretty nervous about it until just this last Wednesday because one of the required documents for the visa was proof of lodging (ie a letter from a landlord saying they would be renting a room to me in Bologna). Sounds simple to get, right? WRONG. Since August 3rd (when I was officially notified of my acceptance by the school) I have sent out emails to literally hundreds of people renting out rooms in Bologna, and finally, FINALLY I was able to get what I needed from a nice young landlady this last Wednesday. Talk about coming in under the wire... That was the last document I needed, so I went to my appointment for the application this morning, and everything went smoothly. The lady from the visa department looked over my docs, and didn't indicate that there would be any problems. However I won't officially know for about another 1-2 weeks whether the application was approved or not. So now I just have to sit and wait to hear back!

Sidenote: Tomorrow, ASU has their first football game. There are many things I will miss about home when I'm away, but right near the top of that list is going to be Sundevil football. Go Devils!
  • rss
  • Del.icio.us
  • Digg
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Share this on Technorati
  • Post this to Myspace
  • Share this on Blinklist
  • Submit this to DesignFloat

No comments:

Post a Comment