Monday, February 8, 2010

School Daze

The first week back at school wasn't too bad. Yeah, the days are kinda long. And the seats in the classroom are absolutely horrendous. But as I predicted, the class material is actually fairly interesting so I won't really complain. It's all about different issues in marketing with an eye to its international applications. Sure, it doesn't sound too glamorous. But when the last courses were in antitrust policy, exchange rates, and accounting, it is actually something to look forward too.

We didn't get to do squash last Thursday, but it's been rescheduled for tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. I still maintain that I will undoubtedly find a way to injure myself. I'd probably find a way to injure myself playing Risk if I could. Oh, which reminds me! One night last week, after our communal aperitivo, we went to this really chill bar and played Risk! Well, it's in Italian, so it was actually Risiko. And yes it's just as boring as Risk in English. Plus you can't make any jokes about taking over Europe or Russia or anything like that, cuz, well, everyone else is actually from those places. Just not the same. But it was a really cool little bar that we've actually been to a few times before. Actually, calling it a bar isn't quite right - it's more like a house that someone has opened up for people to come in, chill, play games, and read. They have tons of books laying around, and there is a piano, a guitar, and even a trapeze bar for people to mess around with. And best of all there is no booming techno music. There was, however, some kind of crazy Eastern European guy and his friends, playing music on a violin, guitar, and clarinet. It made for a very dramatic game of Risk. Plus there was some guy practicing magic tricks with cards and a top hat, and he was by no means succeeding, which further added to the overall enjoyment of the evening.

The rest of the week was pretty uneventful. Friday I went out with a handful of people for an aperitivo again, which was really good. I'm starting to prefer going for an aperitivo instead of actually going out on the weekends. It's a lot cheaper, you get a full meal, and you can still relax with something to drink. Plus there aren't kids running around with glowsticks. It's win-win.

Saturday I just holed up at home all day, working on our various school projects that we have due this week and the next. Same thing Sunday - we were going to do an aperitivo again after working on a group project, but we ended up burning the candle pretty late so we just ordered in pizza instead. Which is a shame, because the pizza probably ended up being more expensive than aperitivo would have been. For 5 or 6 euros for a full meal and a beer, you really can't beat it!

I was pretty sad on Sunday because I would be missing the Super Bowl. Well, not really the Super Bowl, but the party! The guys back home had their annual Super Bowl party again, and it's the first time I've missed it in years. It's always way too much fun. I just hope someone brought a camera this year and took some pictures so I can live vicariously. The game itself started after midnight here. I was able to watch a little of it via the internet, but it was so late and I didn't really care for either team so I just went to bed.

Hopefully I don't embarass myself too badly tomorrow during squash. Only one way to find out I guess! No big plans the rest of the week either. The 4 hour a day classes in that uncomfortable room really kill most of the urge to go out and relax. In class I pretty much just daydream about being in bed at home. Speaking of which, I think it's time to call it a night. Addio!
  • rss
  • Del.icio.us
  • Digg
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Share this on Technorati
  • Post this to Myspace
  • Share this on Blinklist
  • Submit this to DesignFloat

2 comments:

  1. Please tell me you made a fool out of yourself playing. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope! It got rescheduled again. Surprise surprise...

    ReplyDelete